Monday 17 September 2007

Ricky Gervais needs a bigger mantlepiece...

Monday 17 September 2007
Britain's own Ricky Gervais has won Best Comedy performer at the 2007 Emmy Awards, for his role as Andy Millman in Extras! It was disappointing he wasn't there to collect it, though -- meaning his US Office counterpart Steve Carell accepted it on his behalf.

Helen Mirren continued her post-Queen glory in the US, by taking the Best Actress award for her role in Prime Suspect: The Final Act.

Also of interest to me was Lost's Terry O'Quinn finally getting some recognition for his role as John Locke, by winning the Best Supporting Actor award.

O'Quinn, who was there to collect his award, said: "sometimes when we’re rolling around in the jungle in the mud, hitting each other and stabbing each other, I wonder what it would be like to bake up a sheet of cookies on Wisteria Lane and get one of their checks. Then I think about my castmates and crewmates, and I realise why I have the best job in the world."

The full list of winners is here.