Friday 27 June 2008

60th Emmys: Comedy & Drama Finalists

Friday 27 June 2008

The Emmy nominees have been announced in the US.

The 10 big hopes for "Comedy Series" are:

30 Rock
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Entourage
Family Guy
Flight Of The Conchords
The Office
Pushing Daisies
Two And A Half Men
Ugly Betty
Weeds

I don't watch all of those shows, but I assume The Office will win (unless that's just too obvious for this awards-laden series). I don't understand why Pushing Daisies has been included in the mix, as it's definitely amusing and light-hearted but not really constructed around jokes. I've liked what little I saw of 30 Rock, too. And, I know Conchords has a big cult following, but I found that show incredibly stretched and repetitive.

The 10 finalists for "Drama Series" are:

Boston Legal
Damages
Dexter
Friday Night Lights
Grey's Anatomy
House
Lost
Mad Men
The Tudors
The Wire

Again, I don't watch them all, but I'd like to see Mad Men win. I really enjoyed Lost's fourth season, but I prefer seeing new shows get awards -- if only to ensure they're kept on-air! If Mad Men doesn't win, how about Dexter? Doubtful, but that would be fantastic. Damages has a good chance, too.