Thursday 26 June 2008

Tinkering with the look

Thursday 26 June 2008
You may have noticed a few little changes to DMD just recently. Yep, I'm tinkering with the template. All the hyperlinks aren't bold now, and the background colour to the main column has turned white. I just thought the links were too distracting in the main column when reading posts, and it's always easier to read blogs on white backgrounds. It's nice that the "star ratings" now blend into that whiteness, too.

I'm not finished, by any means. I might make the links a darker colour (so they stand out better in the navigation column), and Internet Explorer isn't as intuitive as Firefox with the HTML changes -- meaning the old pale-blue colour is still the background when you click "Read More..." on selected posts. I'll fix that later.

So bare with me as a I keep experimenting. Of course, if there are any changes you really don't like, please let me know. As a blog-owner, I might just be getting bored and pointlessly changing things for the worse. You, the blog-readers, are the people that really matter -- so I'd appreciate any feedback. Cheers.