Tuesday 9 September 2008

Review schedule

Tuesday 9 September 2008
This is my current "plan of attack" regarding what TV programmes I'll be reviewing in the next few months. As you can see, once every show's up and running it's going to be a hectic blogging schedule! I can feel the RSI coming on now…

Mondays
I'm hoping to review season 1 of "Breaking Bad" (FX, Sun) as it airs in the UK; the American drama starring Bryan Cranston as a terminally ill teacher who becomes a crystal meth dealer to provide for his family. I'm also hoping that superhero sitcom "No Heroics" (ITV2, Thu) will be worth reviewing, but we'll have to see.

Tuesdays
Needless to say, I'll be keeping a close eye on season 3 of "Dexter" (Showtime, Sun) which starts in the US on 28 Sep. FX really need to get on top of this series in the UK -- it won't air till next summer and ITV1 have yet to show season 2!

Wednesdays
Sky1 are showing "Prison Break" (Sky1, Tue) a day after its US transmission, which is cause for celebration. The fourth season will definitely get weekly reviews here. I'm hoping to review vampire drama "True Blood" (HBO, Sun) by Wednesday at the latest, but possibly earlier.

Thursdays
"Fringe" (FOX, Tue) is the surefire hit from Lost co-creator J.J Abrams, revolving around "fringe science". It's this generation's X-Files, basically. I loved the pilot, so this should become a fixture of DMD every Thursday. BBC2 are broadcasting the third season of "Heroes" (BBC2, Tue) 2 days after its US transmission, so my review will definitely be up the next day at the UK pace.

Fridays
NBC have a Jekyll & Hyde-style show starring Christian Slater starting in October, entitled "My Own Worst Enemy". I'm not sure if it'll become a regular review, but I'll certainly catch the first handful of episodes and share my thoughts. "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" (FOX, Mon) will be reviewed by the end of the week -- sooner, if time allows.

Saturdays
I'm going to give the "Knight Rider" remake (NBC, Wed) a chance to impress me, but it's a show that will be easily dropped from my schedule for other things. Fantasy-adventure "Merlin" (BBC1, Sat) is the station's flagship autumn show, so a review will hopefully be uploaded hours after transmission -- or on Sunday if not. I quite liked "The Mentalist" (CBS, Tue) pilot, so I'm prepared to give that show a chance, although reviews might be suspended to make room for better things. Or just give me a breather!

Sundays
The American version of "Life On Mars" (ABC, Thu) starring Harvey Keitel has got to be worth a look, so expect to see weekly reviews for awhile at least. "Strictly Come Dancing" (BBC1, Sat) starts its sixth season very soon, so light-hearted and cheeky reviews will follow a day later. I'm in two-minds about reviewing "Chuck" (NBC, Mon) -- mainly because my dense schedule means the review won't hit until almost a week after its US premiere. The promise of more scantily-clad Yvonne Strahovski is incredibly tempting, though…

What about the rest?
I can't review everything -- try as I might! "Mad Men" and "Pushing Daisies" will be ignored until they arrive on British screens. There's a chance I'll also opt to wait for Virgin1 to air "Chuck" and "Sarah Connor", particularly as the latter is rumoured to hit British screens very soon. I'm not too fussed about the US remake of "Eleventh Hour" and "Crusoe", so I'll wait for their UK transmission and see if I'm inspired enough to write about them. Any other new arrival will be added to the mix, if I have the time and inclination to review them.

Now, this is only a vague plan. There's a chance some of these new TV shows will be terrible (yes, I'm looking at you Knight Rider) so I could ditch them after a few episodes, or decide to catch up later at the UK pace or on DVD.