Monday 6 October 2008

Did you watch Fringe?

Monday 6 October 2008
I have to laugh every time I walk past this poster for J.J Abrams' sci-fi drama Fringe, on my way to the shops:

Was it a good idea to put the word "FRINGE" just below a woman's hair on a poster, and then position that poster next to a hairdressers? Hmm, was it? Well, Anna Torv probably boosted local business for stylists, but did she encourage people to watch Fringe on Sky1 last night?

I've been reviewing Fringe at the US-pace for the past month, and there's definitely promise therein. I really liked the "Pilot", but the next few episodes are a noticeable dip in quality. But episode 4 was bonkers and rather brilliant. So, what's the British consensus after episode 1? Did you watch, or avoid? Should J.J's Fringe be allowed to grow, or should it be cut?