Thursday 23 October 2008

Young Victoria: I am not amused

Thursday 23 October 2008
According to the IMDb, The Young Victoria* is now scheduled for release on 6 March 2009. Unless it changes, for the umpteenth time. I will keep IMDb bookmarked. At this rate, Old Victoria would be more apt…

* For the benefit of new readers; Young Victoria is the costume drama I'm starring in opposite the lovely Emily Blunt (above), who plays the eponymous British monarch in her youth.

Well, "starring opposite" is what I tell strangers at the bus stop or in newsagent queues. It's more impressive than the truth; that I'm standing behind Emily Blunt's left shoulder, next to a canon, dressed like Sharpe, for a few minutes in one scene. Most likely as part of an out-of-focus montage, too, knowing my luck. If you're interested, I kept a diary of my days as a film extra here.