Wednesday 10 December 2008

TRAILER PARK: Watchmen (Comic-Con Footage)

Wednesday 10 December 2008


Okay, I can't really add anything to my previous thoughts about Watchmen's trailers. They all look amazing to me. This is my most anticipated film release of 2009, beating out Terminator Salvation. The embedded video above is the excellent Comic-Con footage shown in the summer, that's just been made available on iTunes in the US. Foreigners can't view it there, sadly -- but here it is, courtesy of YouTube. As expected, it looks stunning; artful, mysterious, beautiful, enchanting, intoxicating. My trusty thesaurus gets a real work-out when a Watchmen trailer hits! So, what do you think? Are we about to get a comic-book classic to rival The Dark Knight next March? Or, do you think it's all superficial visuals, and the actual film will ring hollow?