Sunday 17 May 2009

Box-Eyed: Eurovision '09, Have I Got News For You & Lie To Me

Sunday 17 May 2009

In this week's Box-Eyed column at Newslite.tv, I grow tired of Have I Got News For You's guest-hosting format, celebrate British success in Eurovision, and ponder the truth about Tim Roth's new series Lie To Me...

"There were times during the Rolf Harris edition [of Have I Got News For You] when I actually forgot this was designed to be a news-based quiz, as it had instead turned into a kind of Rolf Harris festival and appreciation society. Knowledge of Rolf being in the hot-seat had me awaiting the unavoidable mentions of Australia, didgeridoo's, art, animals, etc. And the show didn't disappoint: Rolf drew cartoons, played his stylophone, made some jokes based on his Animal Hospital days, and dropped in mentions of painting the Queen. They even played his old swimming public service video!" Continue reading...