Friday 1 May 2009

Warp speed for Seven Days Of Star Trek!

Friday 1 May 2009
As I twittered yesterday, Seven Days Of Star Trek is kicking off on DMD tomorrow to celebrate the worldwide release of J.J Abrams' reboot on 8 May.

The main draw will be retro-reviews of the six Star Trek movies that starred the original Kirk, Spock and McCoy. Beyond those, a Trek-themed poll will run all week, I'll link to interesting Trek material online, embed some videos (clips, bloopers, spoofs, etc.), maybe compile a few top 10 lists, and write a personal piece about my own fondness for Trek over the past 30 years. The usual blog content will still be there, but it's possible a few things will get delayed.

Hopefully, 7DOST will help build anticipation for Star Trek '09 (which has been getting rave early reviews), and encourage a bit of discussion and feedback from fans. As ever, success is largely determinate on faithful readers getting involved and leaving comments, so I hope you'll join in. I'm also open to people sending me their ideas, suggestions or opinions on Trek-related matters privately, as I can find a way to feed that into 7DOST.