Thursday 25 June 2009

Has anyone seen Transformers: ROTFLMAO?

Thursday 25 June 2009
Isn't that the correctly acronym? It's the natural extension, at any rate. I have to admit, I've read so many joyously cynical and amusingly negative reviews about Michael Bay's latest CGI masturbation that I'm almost persuaded to go and see it for myself. This is what happens when a director like Bay ploughs ahead with making a movie during a writers' strike (by brainstorming unrelated action sequences with ILM geeks), before asking two screenwriters (Star Trek's Alex Kurtzman and Robert Orci) to string it together into a half-coherent story. I hear they failed. I also hear there are robo-testicles, robot-semen, street talkin' racist robots, a fembot and Megan Fox dry-humping a motorbike in this kid's film. I can't wait to buy the action figures and eat the burger. Has anyone seen it?