Friday 26 February 2010

True Blood: Season 2 Reviews

Friday 26 February 2010

It's the UK premiere of True Blood's second season tonight on FX (HD) at 10pm. I've already covered season 2 last year during its HBO broadcast, so I won't be tackling it every week. However, if you're an unspoiled Brit who'd like some reviews to read in safety every week, why not bookmark this post and refer back to it? Links to my episodic reviews of True Blood Season 2 are below:

1. "Nothing But The Blood"
2. "Keep This Party Going"
3. "Scratches"
4. "Shake And Fingerpop"
5. "Never Let Me Go"
6. "Hard-Hearted Hannah"
7. "Release Me"
8. "Timebomb"
9. "I Will Rise Up"
10. "New World In My View"
11. "Frenzy"
12. "Beyond Here Lies Nothing"

My ultimate thoughts on season 2? It's great fun with some excellent new characters introduced, concepts developed, and the universe is broadened nicely, but the last four episodes are an unfortunate drop in storytelling skill. That's because the season's three main storylines are whittled down to the least compelling one, and the writers don't handle that confluence effectively. But if you loved season 1, you should love season 2.