Friday 30 July 2010

TRAILER: Caprica Season 1.5

Friday 30 July 2010

I had mixed feelings about Caprica, but ultimately I think it showed great potential amidst the missteps and awkward uses of character. I also found it hard to dismiss the feeling Caprica's story is crippled because it's heading towards an ending the majorit of its fanbase (Battlestar Galactica fans) know already. To counteract that, the journey needs to be compelling in its own right, and there were admittedly enough moments that achieved that.

Anyway, Syfy have released an extensive teaser for the remainder of season 1 (see above), which unfortunately won't air until January 2011. I think it's too early to be trying to whip the fans into a frenzy, but I guess this trailer makes it clear the show is becoming more action-packed and exciting. I'm actually very surprised by how far the story appears to be developing, if this trailer isn't cleverly misleading us. It almost makes me wonder if Caprica has enough story for a second season and beyond. But, as of right now, this trailer succeeds in making me pine for the show to return, and hopefully blow us away with a more focused and unpredictable feel.