Sunday 10 October 2010

The tooth, the whole tooth, and nothing but the tooth

Sunday 10 October 2010
If you follow me on Twitter, you'll know that my week off has been spoiled by a bad case of toothache, necessitating an emergency weekend trip to the dentist for some antibiotics. My tooth should be extracted on Wednesday (second time lucky, having failed to be anaesthetized the first time), so hopefully that will be an end to the matter.

The knock-on effect for DMD has been that a lot of shows passed me by this week. I hope to review the recent episodes of No Ordinary Family and Merlin soon, then I'll try and review last week's Mad Men. I've decided to start following Fringe at the UK pace, as Sky1 are only a few weeks behind Fox and I can watch in HD. I will probably double-bill Boardwalk Empire later this week, having missed last Sunday's episode. I did manage to catch the mid-season premiere of Stargate Universe, funnily enough, and it was as dawdling and tedious as ever – even allowing for the fact it was the conclusion of a storyline I haven't been watching. It's a pity, because I do like the show's visuals and tone, even if it's essentially aping Battlestar Galactica on Stargate sets.

Anyway, that's been my week -- a bit of a nightmare and busier than usual.