Friday 3 December 2010

Poll: Is 'Misfits' the greatest TV superhero show ever?

Friday 3 December 2010

E4's Misfits is turning in a superlative second series right now. Its greatness is evident and deservedly being celebrated by UK critics. The show won a BAFTA for "Best Drama" this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if it made it a double next year. Unfortunately, Misfits doesn't have the overseas reach of other British "geek-friendly" shows (Doctor Who, Merlin, Primeval, Sherlock), so it's still something of a native phenomenon, because it has no connection to BBC Worldwide. And that's a shame, as I'd love to see it appreciated in other countries. The few Americans I've managed to steer its way have been blown away.

So, is Misfits the greatest (live-action) TV superhero show ever made? Better than The Incredible Hulk, The Greatest American Hero, Smallville, Lois & Clark, Heroes, The Middleman, No Ordinary Family, et al? I'm not counting cartoons.

Vote in my poll below:


The poll closes on Wednesday 8 December 2010 @5pm (GMT). I'll post the result short after. Feel free to share this poll on Facebook/Twitter, etc. Thank you.