Friday 23 December 2011

State of the Blog: Merry Christmas

Friday 23 December 2011

There hasn't been an official Christmas break for Dan's Media Digest this year, but there's naturally less to write about now, unless I'm inspired to review some one-off festive specials (like The Borrowers). Obviously I'll find time to cover this year's Doctor Who Christmas episode and the return of Sherlock on New Year's Day—but otherwise, I'm not sure what's going to be happening until January arrives.

However, it's very likely I'll put together a Most Disappointing TV Shows of 2011 list, to bring balance to my recent Best TV Shows of 2011 list. Incidentally, I was very pleased to see that article was so well-received, with many page-hits and dissemination from readers. If you read, commented, and/or spread the word, thank you.

I'm also going to post some New Year's Resolutions, regarding this blog, which will probably mean some notable changes to how I go about things (i.e. what I choose to review, how often reviews are posted, etc.)

Also, get ready for an explosion of new stuff in the New Year, with probable reviews for Treasure Island (Sky1, 1 & 2 Jan), Eternal Law (ITV1, 5 Jan), New Girl (E4, 6 Jan), Alcatraz (Fox, 16 Jan), Being Human (BBC3), Being Human USA (Syfy, 16 Jan), Justified (FX, 17 Jan), Mad Dogs (Sky1, 19 Jan), Touch (Fox, 25 Jan) and Luck (HBO, 29 Jan).

In the meantime, check out Spreading Jam (which listed DMD as one of the hottest blogs to watch in 2012), and be sure to follow me on Twitter if you're not already. Me? In-between stuffing myself with mince pies and turkey sandwiches, I'm having a massive catch-up marathon with Downton Abbey and The Wire season 3.

Any questions, fire away below... and Merry Christmas!