Wednesday 16 May 2012

TRAILER: ELEMENTARY (CBS)

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Here's the trailer/promo for CBS drama Elementary, starring Jonny Lee Miller as Sherlock Holmes and Lucy Liu as Dr Joan Watson, both transposed to Manhattan. I reviewed the pilot script a short while ago, which I thought was fine but nothing more. It's hard to shake my loyalty and love of the BBC's Sherlock, which I hold my hand up to. But as you can tell from this trailer, Elementary has a very different tone, and I'm pleased Miller's take on the character isn't copying what Benedict Cumberbatch or Robert Downey Jr are doing elsewhere.


So now you've had a taste of the show itself, what are your thoughts? Have they changed, after getting a glimpse of Miller and Liu in action? Could this be a fun show to keep fans happy in-between the BBC feature-length episodes? Is it grossly unfair to keep judging Elementary against Sherlock all the time? Can't the two just co-exist? Over to you!