Tuesday 30 September 2014

MAD MEN's Jon Hamm gazes into Channel 4's BLACK MIRROR

Tuesday 30 September 2014

It's been announced that the ninety-minute Christmas special of Channel 4's twisted anthology drama BLACK MIRROR will star Jon Hamm (Mad Men), whose character will link three intertwined stories. He'll be joined by The Shadow Line's Rafe Spall and Game of Thrones' Oona Chaplin (great-granddaughter of silent movie legend Charlie).

Hamm commented:
"I am beyond thrilled to be a part of the Black Mirror Christmas Special. I have been a massive fan of the show since its inception. Its dark humour and intelligent observation of our society and values hooked me deeply as a viewer and I'm honoured that Charlie and the rest of the creative team have asked me to participate in wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas."
Charlie Brooker, writer and creator:
"I'm revoltingly happy that Jon, Rafe and Oona are participating in the horrible pageant that is Black Mirror. As far as I'm concerned their presence is a huge Christmas present that's arrived early."
This is fantastic news, of course. Hamm's a great actor and Anglophile (having also appeared in Sky Atlantic's A Young Doctor's Notebook with Daniel Radcliffe just lately). I can't wait to find out more about his role, as the show begins shooting this week.